Crowley Mass October 12th-15th 2012, Upper Foyers, Loch Ness.
We invite our friends from KIA and Free Illuminism to join us on this magickal gathering.
We feel that with the end of 2011 KIA entered a new phase of life. Some of us met for the first time, many participated in the KIA Wealth Magic Ritual and Egregore Project and some attended KIA meeting in London earlier this year. Our community began the transformation from an on-line discussion group to magickal community of people sharing experience and working together towards illumination and happiness. During our gathering in Foyers we will be celebrating this as well as expanding on our cooperation.
We consider Foyers one of the most exceptional places around Loch Ness. It has it’s own magickal history and breathtaking power that hits you as soon as you land there. We think that Aleister Crowley knew what he was doing choosing nearby Boleskine for his Abramelin working and that he must have appreciated the exceptional nature of this place. To learn a bit more about Foyers and watch a video you can visit our original post on the Green Site.
KIA Retreat proposed programme:
This will largely depend on how many of us will make it. I encourage everyone participating to come forward with ideas of what we might do and possibly prepare some magickal activity for everyone. Below there is a list of activities that we might take part in:
- Crowley Mass at Boleskine Cemetery (subject to weather conditions). Ritual of Ceremonial Magick including drumming, blowing a Conch shell, dancing, singing, drawing Sigils and reciting Liber Al inspired by Gnostic Mass .
- The ceremony would be concluded by meditative walk to the shores of Loch Ness where all participants would partake in a ritualistic bath in the waters of the loch. The brave ones might even have a swim. To prepare for this initiation I suggest getting in practice of Tummo.
- Late night screening: Film of our choice, to be decided, possibly Lucifer Rising or Chemical Wedding.
- Workshops, rituals and activities prepared by the participants. This could include my workshop on Abramelin Oil and Incense, creating and exchanging KIA egregore dolls, maybe some tarot sessions, group meditation and so on.
- Walk to the Falls of Foyers.
- Evening ritual: this could be to do with one of our current projects:
- Late night screening: Film of our choice, to be decided. Maybe something by Werner Herzog or starring him like Incident At Loch Ness.
- KIA Egregore Rising ritual to empower ourselves.
- KIA Retreat Party.
This programme is only a vague suggestion. Feel free to come forward with your own ideas!
Other activities may include: angling, fishing, mushroom picking, red squirrel, deer and Nessie spotting and hunt for the wild Scottish Haggis.
Accommodation, Transport and Facilities:
We will be staying at Lodges on Loch Ness in upper Foyers.
Each lodge can accommodate 6 people in 2 double and one twin en-suite bedroom. They are self catering fully equipped lodges with hot tubs. Price per lodge is £625. The deposit of £200 has to be paid and details of each occupant must be given 6 weeks before arrival . You can make a booking using the following link. http://www.lodgesonlochness.com/index.htm
We will be arriving to Foyers on Friday and leaving on Monday morning. We will be organising ourselves in groups of 6 when possible. We will meet in Inverness on Friday and take bus no 16 from Queensgate to Foyers.
There are other accommodation options available if you find yourself in too small company to justify booking a lodge or you want to join us for one or two nights only. We recommend nearby Foyers House B&B with its warm welcome, interesting library and absolutely delicious breakfast.
There is no campsite in Foyers and nights in October can be bitterly cold here in Scotland so if you decide to bring a tent and wild camp in the woods we will offer hot drink and food in our lodge.
Getting to Foyers on weekends isn’t very easy. The public transport is very limited with only 2 buses on Saturday and no bus on Sunday . Only other options would be to take a taxi: Happy Cabbies 01463 717777 or City Taxis Inverness 01463 222555. There is usually a few cabs in front of the train station as well.
If you’re driving to get to Foyers you will need to follow B862 from Inverness to Dores and B852 from Dores to Foyers. It leads along the shores of Loch Ness and distance is roughly 20 miles on a narrow bumpy road with passing places.
Foyers has its own Waterfall Cafe serving nice Scottish Breakfast and Foyers Stores post office which sales some good ale and few other basics. For more advanced groceries it will be best to stock up in Inverness. There is a Co-operative store just 2 minutes from Queensgate with nice choice of food and drink.
SEE YOU THERE!!!