Following the excellent suggestion of Hippi to share more magical practice on the site, and her recommendation of describing the feelings of our practise, I thought about an exercise we can all take part in. It is a simple centring ritual, sometimes known as a ‘banishing ritual’. To participate in this group exercise, perform the following ritual in your own time and make a special note of any sensations and feelings that occur to you as you do it. If you don’t wish to participate, kindly refrain from commenting on this post.
The ritual chosen for this exercise is the Kia IAO Centring Ritual I recently posted on the wiki. I reproduce it below for your convenience:
- Stand still with one arming pointing upwards and one downwards, like in the picture of Baphomet by Eliphas Levi.
- Take a deep breath inwards.
- On the out-breath vibrate the word ‘Kia’, like ‘Kiiiiiiaaaaaaaaa’.
- Visualise Austin Osman Spare’s glyph for Kia over your heart chakra.
- Raise both hands above your head, palms together, as you breath in deeply.
- On the out-breath vibrate the vowel ‘I’, like ‘Iiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee’. High pitch.
- Visualise a pillar or axis of light extending from your heart up to the heavens and down deep into the earth.
- Lower both arms so that they point outwards to your left and right, forming a cross, as you breath in deeply.
- Vibrate the vowel ‘A’ on the out-breath, like ‘Aaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh’. Medium pitch.
- Visualise a horizontal axis of light that crosses the vertical one exactly at your heart chakra.
- Lower both arms, bending the elbows and form an ‘O’ with the hands, such that your thumbs are close to your solar plexus and your fingers near your navel. Breath in deeply as you do so.
- On the out-breath, vibrate the vowel ‘O’, like ‘Oooooooooooooooooooo’. Low pitch.
- Visualise yourself, (or the ritual space), enclosed in an egg, about which circles an Ouroborus.