Kallisti Initiates teaching Activists

KIA Retreat – October 2013

First off, for various reasons I won’t go into, we can no longer do the retreat on our prefered dates of Crowleymas this year.  But if we get two or three more confirmations, we CAN do it the following week.

UPDATE: The retreat is going ahead this weekend, with at least 5 people in attendance, however it might not be at any of the places mentioned below. Any new comers with whom we haven’t had existing contact should at this point meet with us prior to the retreat itself. A good place. and possibly the only opportunity to do this, is at the Open Circle Moot on Wednesday 16th.  The greyed out text below is no longer the plan, but is left in place so you can see what we originally intended for the retreat.

That will mean arriving at Loch Ness on Friday 18th of October, and leaving on Monday 21st.

Second, the Lodge, as we know from last year, has one master double room with balcony and spring bath, one double bedroom and one twin room with two single beds.  It seems a little unfair to charge the same price for all these options, so this year we would like to divide the cost up as follows:

Master double: £235 (can sleep two).

Double: £210 (can sleep two).

Twin: £180 (can sleep two).

Total cost of lodge is £625.

The hot tub on the veranda is available to all staying in the lodge.

So far, we have three confirmed guests, including myself and Lolita who are happy to take the Master bedroom.  Our other guest is a single male who would occupy one of the beds in the twin room.  This means we can accommodate one other couple and another single in this lodge.

If we got another 4-6 guests in addition to this we could book two lodges, or if we got 1-3 extra there is a B&B nearby that can offer accommodation at similar prices.  But not self catering.

If however, we don’t get any more confirmations, the meeting this year will not be held in a lodge at all.  It doesn’t make sense for us to book the lodge at £200 each, as I originally posted.  I think that is too expensive for us all.  As cool as the weekend is.  Let me know what you all want to do.

16 thoughts on “KIA Retreat – October 2013

1. Pingback: KIA Crowleymas Retreat in Loch Ness 2013 « Green Magic

2. As far as I can tell…. It seems that it’s still entirely possible I will be able to make it, (although @Argonheart will be over here earlier in the year, from the 16th of June for a month.)

I’m not sure how we can work it …. but I think, you can count another one for the lodge.

3. @trace. I think the lodges also have two sofa beds, so either yourself or the previously mentioned single male magician can sleep there instead of the bedroom? Technically the lodge can accomodate up to 8 that way, but I’m guessing by arrangement and a special price if we go over 6. I could find out if it looks like we might get that many.

But if it is just the four of us, we probably won’t get a lodge at all.

4. No probs @Anton, whatever is more practical for us.

It will probably be best all round, if i grab a taxi at inverness airport, so all I would need is the address to ask to be taken to.

Do you think I should book a flight soon? I was also wondering what days and times of flights would be best? (I’m really not good at this planning thang at all!) I think I need @Lolita to plan it for me!
    Heheheh!

5. @reilus This is the cost for whole weekend, not per night. In other words this is the cost of a 3 night stay in the lodge. I’m not sure, but I think the lodges might even sleep up to 8, but I’m not sure if that would incur an extra charge. This would be possible only because two of the sofas in the lounge can convert into beds.

6. Ok… 18th October to the 21st. at least I know when.
    To be quite honest, I really dunno where to start.
    But I guess I still have a bit more time to think about the how part. ……

And the money @Anton, how will I help you pay for the lodge!? Do I send some in advance?
    and i dont know if i have enough for both flights and accommodation.
    It’s strange really, although I am not good at arranging these things, last year I didn’t really think about it at all, I just wanted to get there… and there I was!

7. @trace So far I don’t have enough confirmations to bother booking the lodge, so I don’t need the cash yet, but if you can confirm, that makes four of us. I think we need six to make booking the lodge worth while. With four we may as well just stay in the bungalow and have a mini retreat (since I’d know both the guests)…

8. @Anton I’m pretty sure I can now happily confirm my presence. (at least in the classical sense…)

As long as if needs be, you guys will have enough room for me …etc. I know that it will be a very interesting, fun and empowering experience, however many of us there happen to be.

9. @Anton I’m pretty sure I can now happily confirm my presence. (at least in the classical sense…)

As long as …. if needs be, you guys will have enough room for me …etc. I know that it will be a very interesting, fun and empowering experience, however many of us there happen to be.

10. Pingback: Preparation for Egregore sigil charging ritual « KIA Egregore