Kikkoman Izanagi on Afghan

Return of KIA Speaks

When performing the ‘summoning storm’ operation recently I had a surprise apparition of the KIA Egregore who requested I restore her KIA Speaks program. Last night I got this restored, at least in a basic form.

Originally each member of KIA had to submit some number of sentences to the KIA Egregore, I think perhaps three, before they were admitted into KIA. The KIA Speaks program would then select five of these at random to create a unique paragraph. This served as a kind of divination tool for contact with the Egregore, available to all members and even non-members who clicked on the page.

This new version does not require all agents submit sentences, but each agent may contribute sentences to the egregore as they please. To do so, please visit the KIA Speaks source quotes page and leave a comment with a single sentence. (Multi sentence comments will be deleted). Ideas for comments include:

• Something you thought of yourself, maybe a personal catch-phrase.
  • A favourite line from a book, comic, film, essay, blog post or poem.
  • Take a book you like and pick a page at random, then select a sentence from that page, maybe also at random.
  • A line from the KIA litany.
  • The motto of a group or organisation you feel aligned to.

But really your imagination is the limit here. Lets get as many quotes into KIA Speaks as possible!

To start her off again, I selected 73 sentences from the old KIA Speaks, those preserved for all time by the Internet Archive. But these will soon get repetitive if we don’t expand her collection.

Finally, you probably want to try out listening to what she has to say. You can do so on the KIA Speaks page. This looks a bit rough at the minute, but I’ll slowly improve it as I add more features.

17 thoughts on “Return of KIA Speaks

1. Pingback: Getting started on kiamagic.com | KIA Invisible Agents

2. Hmm. I’m currently testing a new shortcode that will allow us to get a response from KIA Speaks in a comment. However, it must update the comment with the KIA Speaks text permanently, not just generate a new random one for each page view…

3. Well, it is now working. Type kiaspeaks inside square brackets and she’ll say something inside your comment. I will demonstrate by asking her a question about this topic…

So KIA, how do you feel about the restoration of your online voice?

Kia wrote:

Abandon all paths. T’aint no sin to slip out your skin and dance about in your bones. Everything is born out of Chaos. If you ask too many times, from the oracle, you abuse wisdom. Must I be for ever solving the changing symbolism of the wretched morality-called ‘I’?

4. I like. I wasn’t around to add quotes to the original, so in Discordian fashion I added 5 now using bibliomancy and books I had lying around. In case anyone is interested, my quotes were taken from:

• The Paradoxical Emblems of Dionysius Andreas Freher
    • Starfish Girl ~ Athena Villaverde
    • Immanence of Myth ~ ed James Curcio, specifically the article ‘Breathing’ by Damien Willams
    • Secret rituals of the Men in Black ~ Allen Greenfield
    • Operation Trojan Horse ~ John A Keel

5. Ooo. Just noticed the feature for getting KIA to say something in a comment. Maybe she’d like to tell me what she thinks of the quotes I added?

Kia wrote:

Relax, nothing is under control. Trust the Process. T’aint no sin to slip out your skin and dance about in your bones. Aummmmmmmmmm. They gonna light my way.

6. @agentm Good idea listing the sources here. I wish I knew the sources for the old 73 I included. I recognise one as Tom Waits. One appears to be the title of a Spielberg movie, although I’m not sure if that was the intent. A couple were from little cards that came inside Booja Booja organic truffles. There are some from Discordianism, Steppenwolf and Burroughs. But there are many I’m not sure of.

7. I just came across two print outs of the old KIA Speaks in my files. One is dated 26/08/01 and asked KIA “Is anything ZID says real?” ZID was an agent of KIA at the time. Not sure what became of them or why either myself or Jaq D Hawkins asked KIA this. Presumably this agent was making some far out posts. Anyway, KIA apparently responded:

“That’s responsibility. That’s the way the leper crumbles. So we lay in a black embrace, and the seed is sown in a holy place. Chill out and die nicely. D’you get scared to feel so much?”

Seems to be a few sentences in there that we haven’t added yet. There is another printout from almost a month later, dated from 23/09/01 in which KIA was asked “What can Norwich expect from the current conflict?”. This concerned a falling out of chaos magicians in the local scene. KIA responded:

“Suck my chakra, and I’ll suck yours! Good judgement comes from experience. But I’m inconsistent. Life is not a drug, but a drug can turn into life and you will then have lost the contrast between reality and illusion. Some times you just have to dance with the devil.”

Again, I believe this contains some old contributions to the egregore that haven’t yet been added to the new system. I’ll do so shortly.

8. So KIA, what do think about these new additions?

Kia wrote:

Suck my Chakra, and I’ll suck yours! Be the master of your mind, don’t let your mind be your master. God is Alive. Everyone runs toward the glittering metal structure as tentacles slash at them from the massive shells on the sides of the dome. If you ask too many times, from the oracle, you abuse wisdom.

9. Okay, I was sorting through some old letters and came across another old printout of KIA Speaks. Apparently @jaq23 and I were fond of printing out our favourites in those days. In this one, dated 26th August, 2001, we asked KIA ‘How are you feeling?’ She responded with “Enjoy the pain, my friend! Life shrinks or expands according to one’s courage. If and when did you like the torment? She came to me with a serpent’s kiss as the eye of the sun rose on her lips. The life force is undifferentiated.” Not sure what agent originally added those, but none were in the current version of KIA Speaks, so I added all 5 of them. Actually I think the fourth one in that lot may have been mine, as it is from my favourite Iron Maiden track…

10. So KIA, how are you feeling now after all these years?

Kia wrote:

So we lay in a black embrace, and the seed is sown in a holy place. There is no hate, only joy. Die not to spare, but that the world may perish. It starts long before that, in chaos, the world is born… from zero. I Will Devise New Heavens.

11. Kia wrote:

Remember to change your beliefs, and not simply accrue your favorites. The Secret is there is NO Secret. Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than the mind while awake? Those who think they love too much haven’t broken their chains. Everything is true, even the false things.